Dad grilled some chicken for dinner
I got green beans and cranberries with mine
Mama made some carrot pupcakes
with purple frosting
I get to make a wish
(I wish I can get this stuff off my head)
It worked ...
I even got strawberry ice cream
Here is the recipe for my birthday cake
Carrot Cake Dog Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing!
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
2 tsp. cinnamn
1/2 cup rolled oats
3 cups whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Lightly spray cups of muffin tin.
3. In a large bowl stir together the carrots, eggs and applesauce. Set aside.
4. In another medium bowl whisk together the cinnamon, oats and flour.
5. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Stir until well blended.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin tin. The dough will be thick, so you may wet your fingers to press the dough into place.
7. The dog cupcake will not rise very much, so do not worry about over filling the muffin tin.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting or serving.
8 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1. Blend both ingredients with a hand mixer until well blended.
2. Spoon into a pastry bag for easy decorating.
Storing: These dog cupcakes will keep fresh in your refrigerator for 2 weeks (but they never last that long at our house). You can freeze them for up to 2 months. If you are going to freeze them, do not decorate with the frosting until they have thawed.