Zoe, Peyton, Webster, Liberty, Whitney & Jaxzyn

Zoe, Peyton, Webster, Liberty, Whitney & Jaxzyn

Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's my FIRST Gotcha Day!

Can you believe it's been a whole year already?
It seems like only yesterday when mom and dad walked
into the Douglas County Animal Shelter and saved me!
 
At the Shelter they called me "Miss Piggy"
How Rude!!!
Here is my story ...
 
And here I am today
I saw the doctor a couple of weeks ago
and she was very happy ...
I have lost 4 lbs. since I've been here.
She said mom and dad are taking
very good care of me!
 
We slept in this morning and then we all
went for a walk but it started warming up
pretty quick so we didn't get to to very far.
 
Daddy said we are starting a new tradition ...
Because they were grocery shopping and
went to buy pork chops the day they found me
it only makes sense that I get to have pork chops
on my Gotcha Day.  Who am I to argue with him?
 
I also got a couple of sweet potato fries, some
garden fresh tomatoes and peas & carrots.
 
Then I took a nap! Mama had to wake me ...
"Wanna go get some ice cream?"
She didn't have to ask me twice!
Come on ... let's go!!!
 
Two walks in one day ...
I guess I'm going to work off all of those calories!
 
We walked to The Scoop
 
And I got my own cone
 
 
 
It has been an awesome year
and it's only just begun ...
 
Love, Whitney


11 comments:

  1. Wow What a great day! Love you guys Hugs Marti, Bella, Desi and Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day Whitney!! you have a wonderful family!
    hugs
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Gotcha Day celebration sounded wonderful to me. To have a pork chop and sweet potatoes and ice cream and walkies,,,
    who could ask for more! You have the best pawrents ever and I am so happy they have you-- to fill their hearts with love.
    nitey nite
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Gotcha Day!! I'm so glad your momma and daddy found you a year ago. Pork chops and ice cream sounds like a pretty grreat adoptiversary tradition to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day Whitney!! AND MANY MORE!!!
    Much Luvums,
    The Slimmer Puggums
    George, Gracie, Toby, Lily, & Mimi

    Mimi to Webster: XOXOXOX!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a day to celebrate!! Happy Gotcha day sweetie
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy gotcha day! pork and tomatoes and ICE CREAM, oh my!! even I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day. Wow it looks like you had a great celebration.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotcha Day :) It look you where well and truly spoilt which is very important. Luck you to get Pork and Ice Cream. From Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Gotcha Day Whitney!!
    Wow!! is all we can say, pork chops and ice cream.

    We just singed up to follow you guys.

    ♥♥♥Mona & Prissy



    ReplyDelete